On the Common Ground Blog
It is essential for all of us to have basic knowledge of human rights law, how it applies in our workplace, and what to do if there is a complaint. In January 2018, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario granted a female retail worker one of its largest-ever damage awards. The facts of the case illustrate how much remains to be done in educating everyone in the workplace; individuals, people leaders, those with complaints, and those who observe harassment.
Munn Conflict Resolution Services provides training to improve skills in conflict management and conflict resolution including negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution. Customized training is provided for business and non-profit organizations.
Training may be provided separately or as part of an overall plan along with other services such as mediation and facilitation.
Mediator Education Program
Munn Conflict Resolution Services has developed a Mediator Education Program which will help you to launch a career in mediation or add mediation expertise to your current work. Each level must be completed before progression to the next level.
Fundamentals of Mediation
This course develops skills for dealing with conflict and teaches a step-by-step model to develop solutions in conflict situations (based on the Harvard Negotiation Project Model).
This intensive 40 hour mediation course is approved by the ADR Institute of Ontario and completion of the course qualifies for application as a mediator member of the ADR Institute of Ontario.
The hands-on interactive 5 day presentation of the course encourages participants to apply concepts using typical scenarios.Course Dates and Signup (London, Ontario) Course Dates and Signup
Mediation Beyond the Basics
Take your mediation skills to a new level. This second level course builds on the skills and techniques taught in our basic mediation course. Small group coaching is provided so that participants have the opportunity to apply the concepts to the reality of resolving conflict.
The 21 hour course is available only for those who have successfully completed Fundamentals of Mediation at Munn Conflict Resolution Services or an equivalent mediation course approved by the ADR Institute of Ontario.
This hands-on, interactive 3 day presentation encourages participants to apply the concepts using typical scenarios.Course Dates and Signup
You have taken basic mediation courses.
You want an opportunity to refresh, recharge and continue to build your conflict management and mediation skills.
This three-day, 21 hour course is available only to those who have completed at least 60 hours of basic mediation courses such as our two courses Fundamentals of Mediation and Mediation Beyond the Basics.Course Dates and Signup
Qualified Mediator Designation
The Qualified Mediator designation from the ADR Institute of Ontario is a designation recognized across Canada. One of the requirements for the designation is 10 days (80 hours) of Conflict Resolution Training. For more information see http://adr-ontario.ca/members-practitioners/professional-designations/qualified-mediator-q-med-and-qualified-arbitrator-q-arb/
- Registration for each course closes 10 business days before the course date.
- Any registrations made and accepted in the last 10 business days before the course are non-refundable.
- If you register for a course but cannot attend:
- No refunds will be provided within 10 business days of the course start date and the full course fee is due and payable as of 10 business days before the course start date.
- More than 30 days before the course starts, there is no fee for withdrawal from a course. A full refund will be provided for all fees paid.
- If you withdraw more than 10 business days but less than 30 days before the course starts, 20% of the course fee is a non-refundable course administration fee. If you register and attend a course at Munn Conflict Resolution Services within one year, the course administration fee will be applied to reduce your course investment at the time you attend the course.
- You may transfer your registration to another person who will attend in your place, so long as the substitute person meets the qualifications to take the same course.
- In the event of special and unforeseeable circumstances, which result in you missing a portion of a course after you have started it, you may be permitted to attend the missed portion of the course at a later time, if space is available and with the prior agreement of you and the course instructor. The course must be completed within one year.
- A Certificate of Completion will be provided only to students who attend and participate in the entire course as scheduled.
- We reserve the right to change the course content, location, dates, or instructors.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course. If we cancel we will provide a full refund.
- As an outcome of our courses, we cannot guarantee employment or attainment of any professional designation as a mediator or otherwise.
- In the event of any liability resulting from any aspect of our courses for any reason, such liability shall not exceed the course fees paid by the student.